- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, eggs, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and reaches 160°. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in whipped cream. In a large bowl, combine the oranges, marshmallows, cherries and reserved pineapple; fold in cooked dressing. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 12 servings.
Prep: 25 min. + chilling